South Africa

Temporary Visas
The South African Immigration Act makes provision for many temporary and permanent residency options for foreign nationals, depending on your stage of life and the purpose of your relocation to South Africa.

It is extremely important that you get in touch with us, before you arrive in South Africa, as most temporary residency visas need to be obtained in your home country. The restrictions and the detailed requirements of your particular embassy are not inconsequential and the process can seem nonsensical.

We have an experienced team of immigration consultants, case managers and attorneys who have built up valuable insight and developed critical relationships with stakeholders across the immigration spectrum, through our years of working within the Immigration industry. Our many years of engaging with the Department of Home Affairs and the various embassies around the world, mean that we can offer you professional practical immigration advice and assist you through each step of the submission and follow up process, to ensure that the process progresses as smoothly and as quickly as possible. We are also able to offer you legal services if required in support of your application.

Visitor’s Visas

This would apply to visitors from non-visa exempt countries who wish to travel to South Africa for business or leisure purposes on a short term basis. 

Short Term Business/Work Visas

This would apply if you are intending to work in South Africa, receiving remuneration from a South African company, for less than 90 days. 

Volunteer Visas

This would apply if you are volunteering for a registered NGO/NPO without any remuneration. Please note, many embassies no longer accept applications for volunteer visas. 

Business Visas

If you would like to start a new business, buy an existing South African business or invest in a South African company, a business visa would be the right visa for you. There is a minimum financial investment of R5 million required for most industries, as well as employment quotas. We can assist you through the entire process of registering and establishing a business in South Africa while driving your business visa application on your behalf.

Study Visas

This would apply if you are coming to South Africa to study on a full-time basis with a registered educational institution, whether it be for primary, secondary or tertiary education. You are permitted to work on a part-time basis on a study visa. 

General Work Visas

General work visas are increasingly difficult to obtain. It is a lengthy process, as a general work visa application needs to be approved by multiple government departments. 

Critical Skills Visas

The South Africa Immigration Act makes provision for critical skills that benefit the South African economy. The requirements are very specific and the process can be onerous, depending on where you obtained your critical skill qualification and what your employment status is. 

Intra Company Transfer Visas

If you work for an international company and would like the opportunity to work in South Africa for less than 4 years, this may be the right visa for you. Please note this visa cannot be extended beyond the 4 years and the applicant will not qualify for permanent residency.

Medical Visas

This would apply if you are coming to South Africa to receive medical treatment.

Accompanying Spouse Visas

This visa allows heterosexual and homosexual spouses and life partners, to accompany their spouse or life partner on a temporary residence basis in South Africa.

Spousal Visas

If you are legally married to a South African citizen or permanent resident, you may qualify for a Spousal visa under the South African Immigration Act. South African law recognises both heterosexual and homosexual marriages.

Relative Visas

Relative visas apply to family members of a South African citizen or permanent resident based on a 1st or 2nd degree of kinship. Children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren may apply under this visa category.

Accompanying Child Visas

This visa allows dependents to accompany their parent(s), /legal guardians, on a temporary residence basis in South Africa, for the duration of the primary applicant’s stay. Please remember that all children will be required to have study visas if they are full-time students or scholars.

Life Partner Visas

The South African law recognises well established heterosexual and homosexual relationships. If you can prove that you have been in a long term relationship with a South African citizen or permanent resident, you may qualify for a life partner visa. We can assist you in obtaining all the necessary legal documentation that is required in support of your life partner application.

Retired Person’s Visa

This is a great option if you are looking to relocate to South Africa and have the financial means to sustain yourself without having to work on a full-time basis while in South Africa. Applicants are required to prove that they have an ongoing income of R37 000 per month, part of which is in the form of a pension and retirement annuity. There are no age limitations around the retired person’s visa. 

Shopping Basket